Saturday, August 10, 2013

Haven't blogged since May

So, it's been since May since I've gone on this blog.  I have been wanting to add so many things so I guess today is as good a day as any...  Here it goes.

This year has easily been the most overwhelming four months of my life.  I am not trying to be dramatic but a third kid has totally rocked my world.  I would say that this maternity leave/summer was easily enough to throw me over the edge but hopefully I will gain my sanity back soon.  This of course is coming off of easily the busiest week I've had in a long time.  To begin with, I scheduled Julianne's Baptism back in July so that I would not be back at work yet.  But in true Kristin fashion, I rescheduled it because Stephanie, who is Julianne's Godmother, was coming into town after taking her medical Boards and of course I wanted to make it work out for her.  So even though I was back at work the Friday before (and at least ten other days during my maternity leave), I hosted the Baptism on Sunday.  Paul and I have established that we definitely cannot get anything done with the girls all home (and awake) so we have been trying to prepare for weeks.


AND BREAK... I don't know why I would think that I could blog in the middle of the day... that's funny.  Had to take a break to play outside in order to make setting up the slip 'n slide worth Paul's time.  Also had to feed Julianne.  Since the neighbor came outside while I was there, I then had to bring Julianne over by the fence to have her hold her which in turn made Grace and Charlotte want to pet the neighbor's dogs, which in turn made her bring the dogs into our yard, which in turn made Julianne laugh when the dogs barked which of course I had to try to get on my camera; in the meantime Paul was getting dinner ready so we had to clean up the girls and get them inside for dinner; all while Julianne needed to take a nap, we ate... Julianne woke up, I got her to go back asleep; Charlotte peed on the couch and is sitting on the toilet talking to Papa Dave and now I am finally sitting down again!  Whew... if that doesn't sum up my maternity leave, I don't know what does.  But don't worry.  I have already had coffee today, we went to Panera, took the girls bowling, I drank a glass of wine and I just finished an ice cream sandwich... NOW Where was I?

Oh yeah, the house.  Now we have lived in this house for over 4 years but decided this month would be a good month to get some house updates accomplished.  In sum, here is what we got accomplished:

To begin with, I had a series of pictures that I wanted hung up the stairs in a collage type fashion.  Amy went shopping with me to get new curtains for the living room (Yippee).  Our couch has had a part where the leather wore off for about two years now so we finally got that fixed and hilariously enough it was because Paul always sits in the same spot and bald people have natural oils that get on the couch.  He couldn't believe it when I told him that.  hahaha.  Anyways... lots of money later... it's done.  I also got pillows and a lamp for the family room since everything is brown in there and I needed to lighten it up.  We had to rehang our kitchen curtains because we had to fix the drywall since Charlotte hangs on the curtains even though repeatedly I tell her not to.  Due to the fact that Lou made large adorable letters for Julianne's room, it inspired me to actually make that room cute.  I ordered fabric and one of my co-workers Carol made a bumper and added coordinating fabric to curtains I had in her room.  Voila... a very cute nursery... for those interested the colors are green,  and chevron navy blue and white.  I have a few orange accents but it definitely can also be used in the future for more girl or even a boy baby.  I bought lamps for the girls room and made Paul hang everything else that needed to be hung in that room.  I also hung white curtains in there as well.  That room is done too!  I have added a few more picture frames to the house as well and I finally feel like there isn't much left to do.  Paul has been working on the outdoor each week too and did a few projects there.  On top of that we cleaned the entire house for the party and it seemed like it hadn't been cleaned really well in a long long time.  

So enough about that... what else has been going on?  To be continued...

No comments: