Sunday, August 11, 2013

Charlotte... oh Charlotte


Charlotte is very challenging right now.  We just spent the entire day today with no problems.  We went to church, out to breakfast and to a birthday party and she was wonderful the entire time.  She actually fell asleep on the way to the party and slept for about the first hour on a couch.  Other days, it is quite the opposite.  Charlotte and I have a love-hate relationship right now.  Actually that about sums up everyones relationship with Charlotte.  Potty training has been a total joke.  She was doing so well until I spent a night in the city and was wearing pull ups the whole time.  Since then, she has had accident after accident so I keep putting her in pull ups.  We need to spend some serious one on one time when we feel we are ready to try again.  In the meantime, Charlotte seems to be in her own world.  She definitely still needs naps but fights them, she is so smart and yet so stubborn.  If she gets to tantrum mode, there is no turning back.  Every day I need to hit the refresh button because she can be so sweet but so challenging at the same time.  She has managed to put holes in several of our screens, ruined a professional print I ordered by stepping on the glass frame which scratched the picture and gets into trouble daily.  She loves the word "No," and single handedly has made me sweat in many different situations.  When she poops in her pants she says, "That's disgusting... I not never not ever do that again."  She refuses to put clothes and shoes on when asked and is definitely in a "I will do it myself stage."  She managed to lock Grace, Julianne and I out of the house this summer but also figured out how to turn the lock to let us back in.  She knows how to get out of the house by breaking off the plastic parts that supposedly baby proof the locks.  So much for those.  She won't let me put her hair up in a ponytail but neither will Grace so I'm used to that.  Last week she took the sunscreen stick and proceeded to get it all over herself, her outfit and her shoes.  She gets into everything and anything.

On the flip side, she loves Julianne.  She loves her so much that I have to worry about Charlotte pulling on her legs and arms too hard but she always has a kiss and a hug for her.  She defends Grace whenever she can and tells people to "Be nice to her sister."  She loves any kid who is smaller than her and calls them all Baby while touching their faces.  She can count to 25.  She knows her colors, how to say Grace at dinner and knows the signs of the cross.  She eats a ton.  We never have to fight with her to eat her dinner.  Getting her cleaned up is a different story.  She loves to dress up, steal my shoes and jewelry and always compliments people by saying, "Your necklace is beautiful."  I always tell the girls, "That is absolutely beautiful" or "That is absolutely wonderful." Well Charlotte has begun to repeat and says to me, "Mom, that is ABSOLUTELY," as if absolutely is the actual compliment.  Hilarious.  Right now she thinks that everything that has Belle on it is hers and wants a Belle birthday party in November.  Right now she is torn between wanting to be Belle again for Halloween and wanting to be Clifford.  Not sure where that came from.  I wouldn't trade Charlotte for the world but some days I know I am not nice to her.  Again, each day I hit the refresh button and remind myself that she is only 2.  

No comments: