Grace's first dentist appointment was this May as well. I was hesitant to take her before the this time because well we know how she does at the doctor so...
Anyways... she did awesome. I actually got my checkup at the same time so Grace got to see me do it first. The Dental Hygienist was awesome and talked the whole time. She also let Grace line up all of the toys in the toy drawer and pick a few out. When it was Grace's turn, she laid on top of me and warmed up quickly even allowing the hygienist to polish her teeth. When the dentist came in who is actually a guy from Alpha Sigs at U of I... she allowed him to look at her teeth. She didn't exactly do it easily but also didn't cry or refuse. Today when I asked her what she wanted to be when she grew up, she said a doctor. When I asked her what kind and gave a few examples, she said, "Wait I want to be a doctor that takes care of teeth." I said, "A dentist?" and she lit up and said, "Yes!" Already has high standards for a career. I love it. My visit wasn't as smooth. I definitely had cavities... I will leave out how many but let's just say I saw Dr. Burton a lot this summer and got a lot of updates on all the Alpha Sigs. Ha. My teeth are great now and Charlotte, Grace and I have appointments again in November so hopefully we will stay on the good teeth train.
No comments:
Post a Comment