Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Updates

Don't really blame people for stopping following my blog. I haven't written in what 3 months. So sad. Oh well...

Let's see. Grace is all signed up for Pre-school. She is going to go to St. George in Tinley and here is what already gives me anxiety, She will be in class with two very large 4 year old twin boys... and she has to do everything in the bathroom by herself. Grace is very capable of going potty on her own, however, what if she needs help? What if she forgets to wipe? Or wash her hands? She does all these things now probably 95 percent of the time... other times she gets lazy and forgets a step. Ha... Her teacher will be Sister Maria which is a bit intimidating. I'm a bit rough around the edges so I need to learn to be sweeter:) Also, Grace has been playing church with my dad. She presses the music on the Fisher Price Little People Nativity Scene and holds a book up like the bible. We may be in trouble. She loved the classroom though and began playing almost immediately. She even hung up her coat on the coat hook. She's getting to big too fast!

Other things about Grace... a couple of days ago we were in the car and I heard a sneeze. I said, "God bless you, Char Char," and Grace replied, "Hey...you're blessing me!" Hilarious. Apparently I had the wrong kid. Oops.

Yesterday Paul gave her the yellow pages which were apparently addressed to Papa Dave. Grace put it on the kitchen table, looked at me and said, "This is for Papa Dave. Don't touch it mom, k? It's Papa Dave's." Where does she get this stuff?

She loves playing with her kitchen, especially serving us cupcakes. Even if Charlotte is in bed, Grace will still set a place for Charlotte too. She loves her most of the time, but steals everything and anything from her. Unlike my last post though, Charlotte is getting upset with her and will fight her for things. She is holding on tighter and Grace even lost one battle over a plastic teapot. I was rooting for Charlotte to hold her own. Ha.

Grace and Charlotte take baths together and each have their side. They play very well together in there. Grace hates getting her hair washed which is ridiculous because it lasts about two minutes each time. Grace pours water over Charlotte's head and Charlotte stands up and tries to escape. Don't worry, I supervise at all times. They love to laugh at each other and scream in each others faces. All in good fun I suppose.

Today, Grace and I were pretending to babble like Charlotte to see if Charlotte would talk with us. Grace was rolling on the ground laughing and cracking herself up but it worked. Charlotte kept coming up to us and babbling and then laughing and walking away.

Charlotte these days makes some animal noises, says dada, mom, book, more, up, dog, thanks, Gace, Papa, Ita for Rita, and mama for Grandma while looking at her, amongst others but I can't think right now.

She loves the book, Dear Zoo, and we read it pretty much every day. Charlotte goes to bed so easily that we don't make bedtime reading and song time. I work it into the nighttime because I don't want to ruin her being so awesome.

She is flying around the room. She started walking around 14 1/2 months and hasn't looked back. She wants to be everywhere. She wants to be everywhere we are but she will stay and play in the playroom for a long time, as long as Grace or one of us is in there with her.

She is super serious, always seems like she is pondering something and makes the cutest scowling faces.

She eats food as if we are going to run out... then again... so does my dad.

It's very interesting having him living here, that's all I have to say about that.

Last noteworthy thing I guess is that I started showing Grace picture of "my mommy" and telling her that was her Grandma Kit. I don't know why I waited so long, I guess it just seems weird. Today though, she ran to the photo album, took it out and said, "Come on, I'll show you your mommy." It was really cute. I'm thinking that I need to get more photos out and around but I just haven't so far. I'm not ready to answer questions that an inquisitive toddler may ask. How do I even broach the subject of "Heaven?"

Thoughts to ponder. Until then, I'm off to bed. See you in a few months.


1 comment:

Kathleen Bolt said...

YES! I check every night for an update, fantastic!