Parenting lesson backfire # 1: When you are taking a trip and it is 6 weeks away don't tell the 2 year old. I was dancing around the house acting like this trip is the best thing that ever happened to me, so imagine my surprise when I picked Grace up from the Augles on Tuesday and she wanted to go to Disney World. (Enter sarcasm) Even after I explained that I had to get us ready for the trip and that we weren't going for a few weeks, she repeatedly said, "I want to go to Disney World, NOW." I took her home and on the way, she said, "I can see Disney World." I said, "No, you can't. It's too far away." I told her we need to take a plane to which she asked where the plane was. When I told her it was at the airport, she said she wanted to go to the Airport. She the had a complete meltdown with head and arm thrashing and refused to take her shoes off. It took at least 5-10 minutes to get her to stop crying. LESSON LEARNED! Keep the excitement to a minimum until right before. I am going to make her a countdown so she can start to get the concept of time, however. I will not be taking Andrew's advice and telling her Mickey Mouse is Dead. HAHAHAHAHAHA.
Sunday, February 26, 2012
Disney World
It's official. We have booked our kids first trip to Disney World. I am so excited. We are celebrating 5 year anniversary, me turning 30, gonna have a third kid soon so I want to go while i'm not pregnant, and anything else that allowed me to convince Paul that this is a good idea. I know they will have a good time, but really my expectations are just that we can manage this and Paul will have a good time so he'll want to go back. I'm not even showing him all the pictures of our hotel so that he can be surprised too:) I showed Grace the hotel pictures on the computer and said, "Do you want to go there?" to which she replied, "No, I don't want to go there, I want to... wait, where do I want to go?" I then explained that the hotel is where we sleep and then we would get to meet Mickey Mouse. "Oh, ok... then I would like to go there," was her response.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment