Sunday, February 26, 2012

Nemo is Dead!

So, sometime in 2011, Rita brought over two Beta fish for Grace and Charlotte. Of course, we named them Nemo and Dore. One was orange-reddish, and the other was blue. Before Papa Dave and Brandy moved in, we had to check on these fish every day. Grace had to say hi and see them. She loves these fish. Well about two weeks ago, when I came in the house, Paul said to me, "Kristin, N-E-M-O is D-E-A-D. At first, I thought he meant that our DVD was broken and I was like, "Ok, whats the big deal" but then I quickly figured out why he was spelling it out as he was motioning towards the fish tank. Now, I could have easily disposed of Nemo but I wanted to include Grace. I mean, she is too smart and if she had just seen one of the fish the next day, she would have noticed. Soooo.... I said, "Grace, I think there is something wrong with Nemo." She wanted to see so I brought him over to the table along with the other fish that was moving.

Now let me also say that at the same time that Rita bought the girls the fish, she also brought one to her parents house so that the girls had a fish there. His name is Sharkbait. Haha. Since they have had that fish, Grace has poured syrup and sugar into the bowl amongst other bad things that have required Paul's mom to change the water. Can't believe that fish has survived the wrath of Grace.

So, back to the Nemo story. Brought the fish to the table and Grace said, "He's sleeping, let's give him food to wake him up." I told her, "ok but I think if Nemo doesn't wake up and eat the food then he might be dead." So, when we put the food in and Nemo didn't move I told her I thought he was dead and she said... Are you ready for this????? Scroll down...







"Cool, let's color!" Hahahahaha. I couldn't believe her reaction. So, of course due to her lack of sympathy for the fish, I had to take it one step further and I asked her if she wanted to help me flush it down the toilet. She ran to the toilet in excitement. As I was flushing the toilet, the realization finally sunk in as she said, "MY FISH" and started crying. This only lasted a couple of seconds before we started playing another game and she was fine. Oh and of course after I promised her that we would get another fish.

No comments: