Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Grace- 3 Year Old Crazy Person

Grace is the most independently fearless child I have ever seen.  She is sooo good sometimes and then I realize that she is going to be the death of me and give me anxiety.  For anyone who didn't hear already, right before her 3rd birthday she cut her hair.  Well it gets more interesting.  Earlier this week we were at Amy's house, Charlotte and Luke were taking a nap and the rest of us were outside by the pool.  Grace is awesome in the pool with a Puddle Jumper on and plays great.  She was jumping off the side of the pool and having a blast.  Clearly, I had my eye on her the whole time.  After about an hour and half, there was a period of time where she kept wanting her Puddle Jumper off and wanted to dry off and sit with me, and then put it back on and get back in the pool.  Well the last time, she was just sitting across the pool from Amy and I next to Michael and they were taking turns using a squirt gun.  She didn't have her Puddle Jumper on and I was sitting up talking to Amy just starring at them... not taking my eyes off of them for a second.  All of the sudden the squirt gun ended up in the pool and Grace stood up and jumped in after it.  WHAT THE...  I was in my bathing suit fully prepared to jump in and grab her except I hesitated because she was bouncing her foot off the bottom with her head ABOVE the water, holding her breath and swimming towards the squirt gun.  Amy yelled... "Go Go," and I jumped in and grabbed her but she hadn't swallowed any water at all and was acting like I was crazy for getting her.  I made her sit on the side and explained to her why she needed her Puddle Jumper on and that she is never to go into the pool without it.  Swim lessons are a must... and judging on how she is now, I don't think it's going to take her that long to master it.

No comments: