Thursday, June 28, 2012

April 14th, 2012 Animal Kindom

Yes, I know that it is almost July but here goes the next Disney post...

The third day in Disney we went to Animal Kingdom, which I had never been to before.  We started at 8 a.m. and the park was nearly empty because it was open from 8-9 for only resort guests.  We immediately went on the Kilimanjaro Safari where the animals were right near our vehicle.




 Then we rode the Kali River Rapids and Grace got soaking wet.  Charlotte was too little to go on so we waited behind.  Paul said that Grace looked at him with her eyes wide open when she got soaked.  He started laughing , and she joined right in.  Whew... however as I was using the bathroom dryer to dry her shirt, she said she didn't want to get wet anymore.  



We went on several other rides that day and had a blast.  The Festival of the Lion King was by far one of the best attractions in Disney World.  The girls were amazed by the performances and dances and sang along... well I mean I did and they tried. 


We had lunch at the Tusker House Restaurant with Donald and Friends and it was so cute.  Charlotte loved seeing the characters and interacting with them... Grace just loved seeing them... from a distance. We went to Finding Nemo- The Musical after lunch along with some other attractions and that was the breaking point for Charlotte.  Paul had to take her out of the theater and so afterwards we were going to meet at the entrance, go back to the hotel and regroup before dinner.  I made it out... but Paul got stuck by the afternoon parade.  Hahahaha.  He was already all paraded out.  Good thing I had Grace and he had Charlotte who could at least be entertained by the parade and Grace sat with me and waited so well.




 

No comments: