Charlotte clearly repeats every word we tell her to say. She is now 19 and 1/2 months and clearly uses phrases such as "I love you," "See you later," "Please," "Thank you," and "Welcome." When I sneeze, she says, "Bless you," and it is the sweetest thing. When I say, "What do you say?" she says Please or Thank you depending on which is necessary, confusing them sometimes making us laugh. Along with the very expanded vocabulary comes a lot of whining. She and Grace have a very interesting Love/Hate relationship. One minute they must take care of each other because "It's my sister," and the next minute they are knocking each other down stealing toys. Yesterday I put them both in Timeout because Grace did something to Charlotte and Charlotte pulled her hair. I yelled at both of them and then I told Charlotte to say "Sorry" to Grace which seems to be the one word she struggles to say (I think she's a genius) and Charlotte rubbed Grace with her foot instead and they both starting cracking each other up and then hugged. I mean are you kidding me?
When I ask Charlotte now what happened when she is crying playing with Grace, she says, "Gace" and pulls me to where Grace is. Hilarious. When she answers yes to something, instead of saying, "Yah" or "Yep," she combines them into "Yahp." I add the "h" in there because it is an extended Yah-p. It's funnier to hear than read obviously. She very much needs her afternoon nap and somedays will sleep for 4 hours. She has been down to one nap for a while so she definitely needs it. She is back to going to bed at 7 ish so that is good news too. If we put Charlotte in her bed with a book, she reads it and then lays down and goes to sleep. What an angel. Paul is actually the one who started that trend which I love.
She is very interested in potty in the bathroom, however has no interest in actually peeing, she just likes to sit on the toilet, wipe and flush. Well, not bad for a beginner. Ha.
No comments:
Post a Comment