Sunday, January 27, 2013

Charlotte and Grace

Charlotte as I write this is currently upstairs in her bed singing to herself. She cracks me up. She knows the words to so many different songs, it is hard to keep up. She has a crazy memory and never ceases to amaze me.  Currently she is in love with babies. Any baby she sees, she wants to hold their hand, chin, toes, you name it. I have to tell her to be gentle but since the days of strangling Max she has gotten much better. She still goes back and forth about whether or not I am having a boy or girl but I am happy she is going to love the baby. She may be jealous because she often wants her mommy and wants all my attention but I feel like she will adjust well.

Grace continues to be so easy to handle on her own when she isn't fighting with Charlotte. I took her to get her nails done this month and although she didn't speak the whole time we were there, as soon as we left, she said, "that was so fun!"  She is exactly like Paul. You can't tell when they are having a good time but they are. She is still very shy in a group of people. She even is like this when it is people she knows. She loves to do "crafts" and is getting very handy with scissors. She currently has mastered writing her name which is Grace A.  This is because there is another Grace at school so she signs everything with the "A". If I write her name and forget it, she gets upset and adds it in.  She also writes mom, and dad and can recognize some words. She gets mad when Charlotte sings in the car and definitely has picked up some of my attitude. 

A few random thoughts from Grace lately include
"Charlotte, you can't have that candy until after you eat your dinner."
"I want a baby sister because I don't like boys."
"Those look weird," referencing my boobs. 
"We don't need another Paul because we already have one," when asking about a baby brother's name. 
"Charlotte, you colored that very well."
"Don't tell c.a.r.h.a.r" attempting to spell Charlotte.  Apparently I spell things a lot. 
And in case I already didn't mention it in a post, "I want a baby sister because then we can get rid of Charlotte."

The other thing the girls do all the time is pretend they are dogs. They go around barking and crawling and sticking their tongues out. It is hilarious. That's all I can think of for now.  Still waiting for Charlotte to get enough hair to do something with. I'll post some pics soon. 

No comments: