Before I get into the Epcot day, I forgot to mention that when we got back to the hotel room before dinner to shower on the first day, our room was cleaned. On our bed or table there was a picture of Mickey Mouse with his signature. I showed it to Grace. She said, "Mickey Mouse was here and cleaned our room?" It was the cutest darn thing ever so I didn't correct here. I said, "Yep, and he left you a picture, isn't that cool?" So the rest of the trip, everytime we would go back to a clean room, she would say something about Mickey being there. Awesome
Day 2- Part 1
April 13: We started out early again and there is a new ride, Soarin' at Epcot that the girls are too little to go on but I wanted Paul to be able to. We went straight to that ride and since there was such a short wait, I said I would just walk around with the girls in the stroller. I happened to walk by Epcot's Character Spot where you get to meet the "Big 5." Apparently Daisy does not count in Disney's Big 5 anymore. Don't ask me why. Anyways there was NO line which was AWESOME! Usually strollers aren't allowed but since I was on my own and there was nobody there, we were able to bring it inside and the girls and I got pictures will all of the Mickey and Friends characters. The girls once again made me hold them and would not walk up to the characters. Grace did show Minnie her light-up Mickey toy that she got the night before at the Magic Kingdom but when it came to taking pictures they were apprehensive. Grace loved the fact that we went from character to character and kept saying, "Let's see, who's next." I mean it makes sense. Why would an almost 3 year old want to have some giant characters touching them. They don't speak and it's probably better that they are slightly nervous. Either way, when we were done, Paul was just getting out of the ride and was shocked when I showed him the pictures and that we were able to accomplish that task in that period of time. Seeing that the line had become very busy at that point, I think he was only slightly disappointed that he missed it. Plus he said the ride Soarin' was awesome and that I had to ride it.
As we continued on through Epcot, we went on the Nemo ride, saw Turtle Talk with Crush, and played in the area that contained many fish tanks. The girls could have stayed all day. The rest of our morning we walked around and saw all of the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival. This may sound boring but it was amazing. Grace loved taking her picture with all the characters that were made out of trees and flowers. Let's be serious, they couldn't move and they still looked like the characters she loves. You can tell from her complete change of expression that she clearly thought this was more fun than seeing the real deal.










No comments:
Post a Comment