Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Busy Busy Busy and Sick

I haven't written in a long time. Here is the update...

Both girls and I are sick. Grace started with what I think was Croup. Yuck. Coughing and fevers followed up with runny noses. I have a sore throat and sound like crap. But anyways on to more fun things.

Charlotte is about 11 1/2 months old and she has NO TEETH! That's right... NO TEETh! Hahahaha. I love it. She is crawling like a mad woman and standing up on EVERYTHING but she refuses to walk. She immediately buckles her legs and sits down so she can get to her destination faster. She eats EVERYTHING! That's right... she is not a picky eater at all and she eats all regular food. She throws her bottle on the ground when she is done and gets mad when we don't feed her enough. I can't wait to see her devour her first birthday cake. She is my little angel. She loves cuddling and slept with me on the couch when she was sick. I felt so bad for her but loved that she cuddled.

She loves moving to music and loves when we sing to her. She is growing so fast but seems so young still because Grace had already been walking for a month and a half at this point.


Grace loves Charlotte but does not love sharing her toys. She puts everything up out of Charlotte's reach so she can't get whatever it is. HILARIOUS! Grace loves going to Grandma's house still and is still doing fun activities every day. She has done some pretty hilarious things lately too. A couple of weeks ago, she locked the bedroom door at the Augles and grandma said, "Uh oh, the door is locked. What are we gonna do?" Grace replied, "I know. I'll get a musketool," and took off running. Awesome. She uses binoculars to see the moon and sun and when she isn't at Grandma's using her hands up to her eyes to see us instead. Cute.

The first week of October Paul went fishing in Minnesota. It was a rough week. Grace was a pain in the wazoo and kept saying, " I want my daddy." She was not listening to me and went to bed at the earliest 8:45 each night. One of the days, she locked my bathroom door and then closed it and it took me about 20 minutes to figure out how to open it with a bobby pin. Then about four days later, Grace called me from upstairs and said, "MOM...come here a second. I show you something." I went upstairs and she said, "Fowow me." She led me to the bathroom door which was again locked and handed me a bobby pin while saying, "I locked it. Open it." I tell you I couldn't stop laughing long enough to be mad at her. She's too smart for her own good.

Her favorite toys are definitely her doll and her pretend food. She serves us dinner every night and wraps her doll up in blankets, puts her in Charlotte's car seat, etc.

Papa Dave is living with us now and it is going on a month. He has been very helpful with the girls and Grace is OBSESSED with the dog Brandy. Every time we come in the door she says, "Where's Papa Dave and Brandy? I go upstairs and check. Stay here a minute. I be right back."

He is hilarious too. When the kids are getting too close to the dog, instead of grabbing the kids and playing with them, he picks up the dog and holds her. Hahaha. Today between deciding whether to save Charlotte from the sharp coffee table edge or Brandy from Charlotte, I had to tell him to pick up Charlotte because he was going to save Brandy instead. Oh boy!

Well I'm tired. Peace out!

No comments: